Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

1. Why do patients choose to receive their physician care at home?

Patients & their families or care givers often choose the services offered by HomeVisit Physicians because of the ease in which the elderly and disabled can receive complete medical care.  Patients who are unable to travel to a doctor’s office without transportation or assistance have a much more comfortable and convenient way of obtaining medical treatment.

2.  Does a patient have to have a serious illness to have a physician visit them at home?

No, HomeVisit Physicians provides a full range of medical care to elderly patients or those with disabilities or problems with mobility.  The care provided at a home visit ranges from routine check-ups and preventive care to the diagnosis and treatment  of serious illnesses.

3.  Can a patient receive a home visit in an assisted living or nursing home setting?

Yes, HomeVisit Physicians visits patients in their homes, as well as, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes, retirement homes & retirement communities.

4.  What can a patient expect at the time of their home visit?

An initial home visit consists of a comprehensive history & physical examination in conjunction with a thorough assessment of the patient’s current living conditions and care giver needs.  An individual plan of care will be established and all medications are reviewed and adjusted as necessary.  All subsequent care will be provided according to the patient’s individual medical needs.  Follow-up visits will be regularly scheduled in order to routinely monitor the care and condition of the patient.

5.  Who will provide the care during a home visit?

Every initial home visit is performed by a highly skilled, board certified physician.  The full staff of home visit providers also includes certified and geriatric nurse practioners who will see the patients on some subsequent follow-up visits.

6.  What insurances does HomeVisit Physicians accept?

HomeVisit Physicians accepts Medicare assignment and is credentialed with most major insurance companies.  Medicare will pay 80% of the cost of a home visit after the patient has met the annual Medicare deductible with the remaining 20% being covered by secondary insurance.  Patients will be responsible for the medicare annual deductible and the remaining 20% if they do not have a supplemental/ secondary insurance policy which covers these costs.  For more information please visit the Medicare website.

7.  Does HomeVisit Physicians accept HMO insurance?

Yes, we do participate with most HMO insurance plans however, our doctors can not be selected as a patient’s “PCP”.  If a patient’s HMO plan requires referrals they will have to choose a “PCP” other than our doctors and the home visits will require a referral from that “PCP”.

8.  What if a patient already has a doctor?

If a patient already has a doctor but has a medical need for a  home visit, our providers will work along with the current primary care doctor by providing a detailed report of each visit or our doctors can become the patient’s primary care physician if a patient so desires.

9. When are home visits available?

Home visits are provided Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. . Our physicians are available by phone 24 hours/day, 7days/week.

10. How does a patient schedule an appointment for a home visit?

To schedule an appointment please call 856-222-3292 or toll free at 877-392-3728. Our office staff is available by phone Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. & 5 p.m. All appointment messages left on the machine after hours will be returned the next business day.  Appointments are generally scheduled within 24 to 72 hours of the request and the scheduling department will call to confirm the appointment the day before the home visit.

11.  What if a patient has an emergency?

HomeVisit Physicians is not an emergency service.  If a patient is experiencing a medical emergency they should call 911 immediately.

12.  What if a patient is admitted to the hospital?

HomeVisit Physicians works with all area hospitals and hospitalist groups to ensure seamless, quality care to any of our patients who are admitted to the hospital.  Our providers will be contacted by the hospital’s attending physician when necessary and, upon the patient’s discharge, we will provide prompt, post hospital follow-up care.